Along with the changing leaves, and fall, my very favorite time of year in Utah, there are so many other things I am looking forward to, so I decided to share them with you. I know. You’re thrilled.
1. Emily Pearson’s autobiography, DANCING WITH CRAZY, will be published soon. Having had the opportunity to work with her on this book, I can tell you it’s a story you don’t want to miss. Emily is a tireless advocate for LGBT rights, film actress, producer, writer, and all around magic maker. She makes me tired just thinking about all she does. Emily is also the daughter of iconic Mormon writer, Carol Lynn Pearson. Can you say “My Turn on Earth?” If you can’t, you weren’t raised Mormon. Keep your eyes out for this book.
2. Birdman and I are continuing on with the downsizing, as we prepare to move to a southern state (as far away from Joyce McKinney as possible). In fact, it’s probably not even in the south. It’s probably like in Tahiti or somewhere like that. Yeah, that’s the ticket. We know nothing of Joyce McKinney. NOTHING. NOTHING, I tell you.
3. Dancing Daughter is actively pursuing her dream of both acting and getting ready for her senior year in high school. Being a co-captain on her drill team, she is very busy and very tired.
4. Chatter Child has embarked upon a new endeavor, cosmetology school, and loving every moment of it. As a very artistic person, I know she will do great. I’ll let you know more this weekend as I embark on my role as chief guinea pig. If she shaves my head, we will know she is paying me back for some horror I forced on her as a child. Probably one of the things I did to achieve my status as MEANEST MOM IN THE WORLD. I worked hard for that title. I might have to wear a hat for a while.
5. The Dance Moms on the DANCE MOMS show are really crazy, and the teacher is a certified childless narcissist. They play it up for all it’s worth. This handpicked “dream team” of girls reminds me a LOT of a certain studio where DD danced. It shall remain nameless. But this show is a guilty pleasure, let me tell you. And people wonder where I got the idea for the Jenny T. Partridge Dance Mystery Series. I plan to write a few more of those. Psycho dance moms are so fabulous. And great fodder.
6. And LATTER DAY SECRETS is going very, very well, in rewrite.
7. The smarmy Josh Powell lost custody of his two young boys (you know, the ones he took CAMPING in the middle of the WINTER, in the middle of the NIGHT, on the day his wife COINCIDENTALLY dissappeared). This man is a sketch.
8. His even smarmier letch of a father, Steve Powell, was arrested and jailed for his collection of pornography and admitted to an “attraction” to his daughter-in-law.
9. Warren Jeffs is still in jail, and likely will NEVER be let go. His trial showed him to be even more of a Weenie Rat Face then I ever thought possible. And some polygamist women and men need a good smack up the side of the head for doing this to their children.
10. And did I mention it’s fall?
So there you go. What’s on your agenda?