This was a comment. Now it is a post. I felt like it needed it.
Dear Joshua and all,
1. Fact. I inadvertently published Joshua’s email address. When I cut and paste comments from the comments queue of my dashboard, it includes their email and ISP address. I did the cut and paste, and then when Joshua emailed me a few hours later realized I had not cut it out, as I always do. You can go back and check the past, if you need. You will rarely find email addresses in the comments I post on the blog. This was a mistake I made, and a mistake I corrected.
2. Fact. Shortly after I realized I had published his email and full name, I removed it. Probably before anyone ELSE could ever realize it was there. And in fact, Joshua himself included his email address and a LINK to his blog, which means he was supplying THIS to be made public. Otherwise, WHY put it?
3. Fact. Shortly after that, I sent an email apologizing to both HIM and the other email commenter, and let them know that the mistake had been fixed, and that it HAD been a mistake, and that I was not trying to expose him to ridicule. Joshua HIMSELF has done this, with his blog, MORMONSSUCK.com. It’s a public blog. It is NOT hidden, or password protected, which negates any claim he might make.
4. Fact. The FLOOD of emails came AFTER I corrected my mistake. I could post THOSE emails, and prove it, if necessary. I received 18 emails after I corrected the mistake.
5. Fact. In honesty, I responded to many of those emails. I was not always nice. However, I was NEVER blatantly rude or derisive or condescending, as Joshua has repeatedly been to me, mostly because HIS God, apparently, is better than mine in the God hierarchy.
6. Fact. Joshua accused ME of starting the name calling.
7. Fact. I proved him wrong, with the emails, WHICH I still have saved, which show he started the namecalling LONG before I called him an arrogant idiot, which, many might say, was deserved. (Want proof? Read the emails. Uh, with HIS permission of course.)
8. Fact. I have never met anyone who worshipped me. And that is as it should be.
9. Fact. Joshua has the RiGHT to consider me a bigot. That doesn’t change the FACT that he is wrong, but hey, let’s give him that. He has been wrong in many things. It would just take a little look at his emails for you to ALL realize that.
10. The bottom line fact. Joshua is a little immature, and a lot impulsive, and his attack has led to a lot of damage to his Church’s PR and “warm fuzzy” outer image.
In fact, Joshua has proved what many before him have started to show, but then wisely walked away from. He has done no favors to the Mormon Church, because his attitude is an on-the-surface exposure of the realities of Mormonism. My God is better than your God, and it doesn’t matter what YOU do, because you don’t have the authority of God. How sad.
How sad that YOU think your God trumps everyone else’s God. Why don’t we ALL share the same God?
Why is that Joshua? Why is that Todd? Why do you NEED your God to be better than my God? Why is that so important? Furthermore, why is it just as important to me that my God NOT be better than your God? Why do I NOT need to best you?
Maybe you should ask yourself that.
Or maybe you should just cover yourself in ignorance and continue on.