I believe that the world is a very dangerous place today, due in large part to the “chosen people” attitude of religion. Everyone wants to belong to the private, exclusive club. We all want to believe that our lives are blessed, that our existence has a validating God. And we justify horrible deeds in the name of this God. We fly airplanes into buildings, killing thousands of innocent people. We argue endlessly trying to defend our positions on metaphorical musings. We add historicity into religion metaphors, and then spend too much of our valuable time defending our positions. Do any of us really know? Why and when did it become more important to say that we believe something, than it is to be a good person? Too often, we loose the importance of a message taught through metaphor as we argue the historicity of events taught in the metaphor. Is the beautiful message of renewal, spiritual rebirth and repentance less important than standing up and shouting that one believes in the actual resurrection of Christ?
- Back to Site Homepage
TIes That Bind
- Click here to see all of Natalie's books
- RT @WineMummy: Sit back and enjoy The Cunt Show. -Twitter 1 year ago
- RT @serenehavoc: Might fuck around and light your world on fire. 1 year ago
- RT @ASlavitt: ACA repeal affects many who aren't aware. Here are the people impacted on in one place. RT if you think helpful. https://t.… 1 year ago
- @maudnewton nothing short of a mountain of Xanax will do that. 1 year ago
- RT @maudnewton: Strangely, eating a mountain of Tootsie Rolls has not lessened my anxiety about the election. 1 year ago
Listen Upaccidents Around the world in a Mormon minute Bad Mormon GIrl 102 Books she wrote Cool People Did she really say that? Did they really do that? Eventful things Everybody wants to be us Ex-Mormons are the angriest people I know FPRs Funny Guest Bloggers JulieAnn's Posts Mormon Hatemail Bag Natalie's Posts poetry Polygamy Pushing buttons rhymes The most perfect book! No, NOW it's perfect! Well maybe now.... Things she said.... Things she wishes she'd said THIS.MUST.STOP too. You try telling them they aren't. Unbelievable Uncategorized Well it made ME laugh....
The stuff she said before
Check out these deals on Amazon
Hot New Releases
Shop Amazon for Books (Including mine)