Allison Brennan tagged me with this newest meme (at least I THINK that’s what these things are called). I’m not terribly good at this stuff, but here I go.
Seven Things to Do Before I Die:
1. Buy a house on the Hawaiian island of Kauai.
2. Spend a week in Jamaica.
3. Visit New York.
4. See a firefly/lightning bug.
5. Hit the New York Times bestselling list.
6. Hit ANY bestselling list.
7. Live to see my children’s children married and successful.
Seven Things I Cannot Do:
1. Successfully enclose ANYTHING in Saran Wrap. That stuff is EVIL. Of the devil, I’m telling you…. I always end up with it wrapped around everything BUT the thing I was trying to wrap. Evil.
2. Wrap presents in any sort of attractive fashion. Gift bags are THIS girl’s best friend.
3. Sew. (Are you seeing the trend here?)
4. Iron. (Definitely a trend.)
5. Abbreviate my conversation in IMs or emails. I use full words and sentences, including punctuation, save for my LOLs.
6. Speak Russian.
7. Write a romance where no one dies. Tried. Didn’t work.
Seven things that attract me to my spouse (significant other):
1. A sense of humor.
2. A sense of self.
3. Love for children.
4. An ability to roll with the punches life throws.
5. An uncanny ability to use duct tape for just about any purpose, including major surgery.
6. Strong work ethic.
Seven things I say (or write) most often:
1. ACK! (yes, that just about epitomizes my life.)
2. Argh. (Hmm, am I living my life doused in email and frustration?)
3. LOL. (Yes, it’s true.)
4. Where are my keys?
5. Have you seen my keys?
6. Did someone move my keys?
7. Will there be funeral potatoes served?
Seven books or series I love:
1. Jonathan Kellerman’s Alex Delaware series
2. Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum series
3. John Sandford’s Lucas Davenport/Prey series
4. Anything by Tess Gerritsen, including the Maura Isles series
5. Anything by Lisa Gardner, including the Quincy/Rainie series
6. A Place to Call Home by Deborah Smith
7. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
Seven movies I would watch over and over again:
1. The Big Easy. Young Dennis Quaid is just Ooooh la la, and I love New Orleans…although I’m saddened by what it’s become in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.
2. Overboard. Love it.
3. How the Grinch Stole Christmas.. The scene where he yells out “I’m an idiot,” and the echo yells back “You’re an idiot,” is just classic.
5. A Christmas Story. You’ll shoot your eye out!
6. Miracle on 34th Street. Yes, yes, I’m using all my holiday favorites. But it’s Christmas Eve! I’m entitled.
7. Christmas Vacation. Chevy Chase at his funniest.
Seven People I want to tag:
Anyone who wants to play! If you’ve already played, go ahead and post a link to your blog.